Monday, September 12, 2011

Minecart Station added!

Since I am now getting so much loot from my passive mob spawner I ran into a big issue.  How in the world do I get all that loot back to my main buildings.  I quickly decided I would do my standard underground rail system, but I really hate the end points.  I have never liked the way I just had the carts line up and had to manually push them on the powered rail, they would stack up wierd, and sometimes when I sent to many I would get one surprise me and come back.

So I went to youtube on the hunt for a minecart rail system that would allow me to fix my issues.  I found the solution using Sethblings Redstone-light minecart station.

I first went to my test area and built the one he built and then tried to figure out how to incorporate it into my current building.  I am not completely satisfied yet because it is too open, but I was able to use the furnace/control room to handle it.

I took Sethblings design and switched it around a little bit.  I have my departures on the left and arrivals on the right.  Since I am normally just moving supplies around I was really happy to find it work fine with a chest and without a chest and any mix of the two.  The station I built at the passive spawner more resembles SethBlings, I just made one small adjustment to the arrivals section.




Minecraft
SethBling on youtube

No comments: