Thursday, July 28, 2011

Re-creating Ethos minecraft buildings - Day 3

Getting the roof starting was difficult. I spent a lot of time going between Ethos' world and my own to try and make sure I was lining up correctly and everything was matching. This project has been challenging, but it also has been a lot of fun. I like the layout, and it is really big.

Once again wood was an issue. Using the solid wood blocks and wood planks look nice, but it means you just burn through the wood. Luckily, I have a large area around the building that I keep planting over and over. I think I am up to planting 256 trees at a time!

So now that the basic structure is built I believe I am going to keep building the structures, and get the circuits going later. So I will move on to the Cactus and Tree farm, and I might also go ahead and dig out the mob spawner. I need to re-watch the video of Ethos Hostile mob spawner to help me get the water flows right, etc. My standard mob farm has always just been the one from the minecraft wiki site.

No comments: