Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Re-creating Ethos minecraft buildings - Day 6


I have loot! I finally finished the mod spawning platforms, and created the collector pipe all the way to the storage building. Creating all the still water by placing 4 buckets of water at each level, was annoying, but it works. I started working on the "sizzler" and it was not bad at all. I needed to finish bringing my collector pipe up from my base to above the storage building a bit, I just needed some more glass and water. After that was finished I was basically able to build right along with the video. At one point in the video it was kind of funny because he made a mistake, so I made the same mistake and got to fix it also!

When the basic system was working and mobs were getting burned or should I say "sizzled" I went and started working on bringing the loot back down to the storage building. I few blocks here and there, and it was done! I actually had look coming right to me. No more going down 60 levels, then running for 50+ blocks because I screwed up where the collector was going to be. This actually worked. Loot coming right too me! wait.. oops.. no spider silk... argh. Sure enough, looked at the newer videos and there was a video that Ethos did that explains how to do the sizzler with a special spider catch so that they drown. Ok, I guess my next step is to tear down the sizzler and make sizzler 2.5! I need to get my dispensers! I need more silk!

During downtime I have been clearing around the storage building. I am sure my next project will be the tree farm and cactus farm. I really like how he built that up higher to a higher level and I think it looks cool. Plus I am really tired of chopping down crazy growth trees that have spurred 10 different branches, those are annoying.

No comments: