Friday, August 12, 2011

Re-creating Ethos minecraft buildings - Day 11

Since I am no longer chasing sheep, it is time to focus on the dispensers.  I did some checking on the mob system and I think I messed something up when I removed an extra block at the bottom of the water elevator shaft because I went down the shaft to the mob spawner room and I found a lot of silk in the hole.  So I filled that hole up and have been getting a little better rates on silk but still not like the other mobs.

I now find myself running outside the second the sun rises to chase down spiders to get more silk.  This, of course, has been causing a few issues with getting creeper bombed, but hey, just fill the whole and move on.

I spent some time getting ready to create my basement.  I wanted to open up under  storage building an area under ground.  I am sure I will not be doing an EATS water road system, but I still wanted the area open.  So I did some sand and sandstone farming and got enough to cover the walls of my basement.  I really like the look of it.  It took some time to dig all that out and to add the sandstone walls, but it was fun.

I also went ahead and wired all my doors up to double pressure plates doing it exactly how Ethos did.  It works very well, and I have had no issues with it.  It took some time, but it wasn't a big deal.  I really need to change out all the different blocks I used and choose one block for redstone.  I certain color of wool block would be best but that would mean I would have to have a constant supply of wool again... hmmm.. Not sure if I want to have another reason to HAVE to have wool.



No comments: