Friday, August 5, 2011

Re-creating Ethos minecraft buildings - Day 9

I spent time lighting up caves and cleaning things up, so no new major progress.  I am happy to report my diamond supply is back and felt it was time to create my diamond block.  Let me tell you that hurt to take those nine diamonds and turn them into a block.  I know I can undo that, but still, just the thought of taking all those useful diamonds and turning them into decoration.

The spelunking was fun.  I found a humongous cave system and just mined and explored forever.  I kept running out of food, so it was kill a few mobs, turn on peaceful to heal, then go back at it.  I just didn't want to leave till I had my inventory completely full.  I found two mob spawners, but alas, no records.  But on the materials front I feel stocked right now.  I ended up with about 30 diamonds, over 500 iron, tons of coal.  I have my dispenser full of coal, a few in the chest, and every furnace either at 64 or close too it.  It was a good time.

I also spent a little time and did some redstone testing on making the double doors work together.  It's not bad, I will at some point do all of them.  I have only done one set right now.

Hey, if you have a link to cool houses, castles, etc.  Please post them in the comments.  I am always looking for nice buildings to make, but not necessarily large ones.  I like it the best when they have a world download, but schematics are fine also, just a little more challenging. I consider the Ethos project a large project.  Projects like Castle Estel are not in my radar to build.



No comments: