Thursday, August 4, 2011

Re-creating Ethos minecraft buildings - Day 8

The cactus farm and tree farm are mostly done.  I swear I wish I could count.  I was only off on the tree pedestals by 1 block, but for some reason the whole thing doesn't line up correctly.  Luckily, it was just moving the pedestals, and not having to redo anything else.

The cactus farm just cranks out the cactus.  I have always built very small 4 cactus farms, so this one having 36 is like a factory!  Every time I check I have around 12 or so cactus waiting on me.  Plus a couple of times I have had weird squid spawns, so there was some free black ink after a couple of smacks.  I really like the window system, the way you exit each farm and the path between them.  I thought the waterway up to each farm was a little too much, so I just put in a ladder to do it.  I am getting tired of water.. lol.

The tree farm is just ok.  I am used to a totally different system, and I may go ahead and create one of those like normal, and turn the tree farm into a sugar cane or wheat farm.  I am not sure.  I have also thought about planting sugar cane on the outside edge of the water, I might do that.  My next project will require a lot of paper, so I should start collecting. My normal tree farm is a 50x50 underground room.  The underground room allows me to plant a ton of trees, and I don't have to worry about using bone meal, but I guess what else am I going to do with all the bone I am collecting.  Collecting the wood doesn't seem as fast as what it is with my big room, this is a lot of planting, bone meal, harvest, repeat, whereas in my 50x50 room, I harvest till I am completely bored, then just replant once and move on.

The roof is completely covered on the tree farm side, and mostly covered on the cactus farm side.  I have spent a lot of time chasing down sheep dyeing and shearing them, but for some reason, I tend to always have plenty of green dye!  I really liked the green wool roof and think the park area above those farms is really need.  I am excited about starting that part.


No comments: