Monday, August 1, 2011

Re-creating Ethos minecraft buildings - Day 5


Worked on the hostile mob system today. I have to get it running, or I will never have enough string for all those dispensers! The system that Ethos uses felt a lot more complicated than my normal one. Getting all the stairs in the correct spot, and all the signs was a challenge. Getting the water flows working was also not very fun. I have never used signs like that to control water. It is a very clever idea, and I am hoping I am learning from this and not just placing them! I worked and worked to get all that correct, but the slabs are all done and I am going to work on the sizzler next to actually get items! woot!

I will say that for me, all those empty chests are just killing me. I have spent extra time chopping wood, just so I could get a chest full of wooden planks, and one with sticks. Also, all this digging and chopping, but not at depths has really hurt my diamond supply, to the point that I am back at the beginning. I only have 2 diamonds right now. No diamond pick , no diamond axe, and 1/2 a diamond shovel.. for some reason I have 2! diamond hoes, but I don't remember when in the world I made those. :) I am having a hard time going back to quadrant mining, when I have a ton of dirt still to move around the storage building, plus this is only one small part of the whole project. So once again, I am back to being a stone tool kind of guy. I can't bring myself to use iron for tools, I only use those when I have too. Iron is save for rails, etc. it's wrong to just burn through it digging stone blocks. But at least making stone tools is cheap, so I am keeping the chest designated for the tools full! hehe

No comments: